It’s officially Fall and I have unapologetically enjoyed my fair share of Pumpkin Spice Lattes already. (P.S. if you haven’t tried the Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Cold Brew, stop now– return later with a cup of basic B* heaven)
But seriously, beyond Pumpkin Spice everything, there are so many incredible things about Fall in Michigan. To help you have a spook-tacular October, I have accumulated a list of my absolute favorite things to do this time of year. Enjoy!
- Beer/Wine/Food Festival
- Outside Coffee Co.: Sure, enjoy your PSLs from Starbucks all you want, but make sure to check out this quant little coffee shop (recently upgraded) for an experience unlike any other!
- Apple Orchards: Apple picking, wine sipping and donut eating.. what more could you ask for!? Some of my favorites include Robinette’s, Crane Orchards and new to the Orchard family and one that I’m SO excited to check out, Frugthaven Farm!
To Scare Yourself:
- Scary Movies at the new Sperry’s Moviehouse in Holland or at the Drive in Movie Theatre.
- Halloweekends at Cedar Point: Fair warning, as fun as this experience is.. come prepared with warm clothes and patience for waiting in potentially hour long lines.
- Halloween Races: The Great Pumpkin Run, The Zombie Dash, Alger Heights Halloween 5/10k
- Attend a Haunted House: Voted one of the top “must see” haunted attractions in Michigan, The Haunt is guaranteed to make you scream!
- Fall Color Tours: Experience the changing seasons and the beauty of Fall in Michigan by road tripping to a destination of your choice! (Some of my favorites: Traverse City, Pictured Rocks, and Glen Arbor)
- Art Prize
- Farmer’s Market: Two of my favorites are the Holland Farmer’s Market. (Open Wednesdays and Saturdays) and the Fulton Street Market. (Open Wednesday through Friday until the end of October.)
- Pumpkin Carving: We take pumpkin carving very seriously around here and have turned it into an annual competition.
- Dress up/Attend Halloween Party
- Fall Photoshoot
- Decorate the House
- Tailgate/Football Game